Thursday 12 April 2012

Moving forward fearlessly

So, maybe after reading yesterday's post, you stopped and, in your own way, took stock of who you are and where you're going. You placed your feet firmly on the path to a future you imagine with love and joy being paramount. 


Now what? *laugh*


I remembered today the first moment I knew and came to understand that the power to change my life was within me and had been all along. Sheer frustration was the result. After pushing that aside, I looked at my shiny, new self in the mirror and asked, "Now what?"


I had spent so much time just letting things happen, viewing the world through negativity and despondence that I wasn't all that sure how to be different. All I knew, is that I wanted to leave that life behind me and walk with confidence down a new road; one that I chose and one that helped me to develop towards the more divine me.


As I looked at my reflection, into my own eyes and saw the difference shedding my past and looking towards a new future had made already in such a short time. With this realisation, I knew I could move forward without fear. I knew that while I might make mistakes, I might feel despondent and alone at times, that once I had made the conscious choice to change the way I viewed the world and the way I had reacted rather than responded; well I felt far more confident.


The first thing I did was to write myself a mission statement. A small paragraph that described the person I wanted to be, and then, I moved through the world as though it was me already.


Then, I started to make a habit of stopping and listening more and spending less time in the "business of being busy".


I forgave myself and others when I or they made mistakes.


By practising these things over and over and over, I was well on the way.


With love and light
xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment