Saturday 14 May 2011

What is your healing modality?

When I first heard the term "modality" it sounded like a box someone was trying to put me in and, naturally, I didn't like it. Since then, I have accepted the term to mean "the mode or way" in which something can be done. With the emphasis here on 'can'.

So when I speak of healing modalities, I am talking about the way healing 'can' be accomplished rather than 'should' or any other term that gives more significance to some than others.

There are so many different needs and hurts that one form of healing cannot possibly be more important than another or even more necessary.

I myself practice many, many different forms of healing.

Healing then, I define as anything that assists positive energy to be strong and vibrant, and negative energies to be syphoned and dispersed. (I know that is really general, however, it fits).

Sometimes, the healing I do is simply by listening (truly listening, not just waiting my turn to speak). At times it is an active random act of kindness like putting a positive note on someones desk to brighten their day. Sometimes it is through a reading with my cards or automatic writing so that specific messages and information can be delivered in a pure form to the client who has asked. I draw a lot. My pictures are an embodiment of my healing soul and just by hanging or being in a space they are designed to heal. The act of 'automatic drawing' is healing for those around me too. When I travel I always have note book and some kind of drawing implement and take the time to draw between or during flights etc. People always stop to look as they pass, or sit close by so they can watch. This in itself is healing for them. At times my healing takes the form of gentle and persistent positive and loving energy flowing from me into my environment, it could be a well timed smile or phrase to someone in trouble. My classroom teaching is a form of healing as I inject positivity, enthusiasm and a love of what I do into each day and each lesson and each student. I am an avid cook and I pour my love and contentment into the act of cooking and the food tastes great (when I am distracted and unhappy while cooking, the food is often only nutritious and edible...and that's putting the best face on it...smile).

The point of all that "waffle"? The point is, that we are all healers and are all fully capable of pouring forth loving and gentle healing energy in many different ways. We are all able to heal the people around us even though we have not had any 'formal training'. Naturally there are forms of healing that training is most definitely required, I am certainly not saying we are all Reike masters, acupuncture therapists and natrapaths just because we wish it were so or because we have looked it up on the Internet...smile.

We all have the innate ability to heal. This is not an exclusive club with only a few elite members allowed. We all have the ability to hear and interpret divine messages as well, again, not an exclusive club.

Take a moment to think about who you are and the actions you take on a daily basis to bring love, light and healing to the people and places in your daily lives. I can assure you...you are a healer!

With love and light

(If you are interested to see some of the divine beings who pop out of the page when I am automatic drawing, I have posted some of them on the Angel Wings and Faery Dust Face Book page)

No comments:

Post a Comment