Thursday 22 March 2012

Life and an interesting Math theorem

As I drive passed the small (but awesome) service station in my home town, i always take the time to read the sign they have out the front. Each day, the have a saying written on a chalk board that makes me laugh, or go "ahhh" each time. What a blessing to give to the town?


Today's saying was..."Life's not always fair, but it's still good."


What an AMAZING gift to give the community today! I laughed, went "ahh" and also said, "ABSOLUTELY." It is terribly easy to lay blame, focus on the "unfairness" and be constantly angry with and at the world. It is infinitely better for ourselves, and those around us to enjoy all the bits we can and focus on that.


Had some rather special moments lately, some interesting encounters with people and some really "good reasons," to feel angry and annoyed. I made myself sit down when I got home with a pen and paper and actually calculate the time I spent during those "moments" this week (It's the math teacher in me *smile*). So let's see...


Each week has 24 x 7 hours, which = 168 hours.


I spent 7 x 9 hours of that sleeping (on average) which = 63 hours, leaving 105 hours remaining.


Are you with me so far? Awesome! (You can see where I'm going with this can't you? *laugh*)


I spent approximately 5 hours in total engaged in these interesting "moments", leaving...


100 hours of awesomeness left in the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I love math and the ability of cold hard numbers to give me a bit of a wake up call! Who can complain about 2.976% of not so pleasant time in comparison to 97.023% of AWESOMENESS?


Hope this helps you, I call this the "wake up to yourself Roxanne, theorem."


With love and light
xoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment