Monday 11 April 2011

If you're finding it difficult...be greatful

If life is seemingly impossible and the difficulties are surmounting. If life seems to be nothing but struggle and there are more difficulties than there are good things in your life, then I guess you might be thinking that all of these posts about positive thinking, about manifesting the good things in your life and about being kind and generous to others just might be easier said than done.

You would be forgiven for thinking this was true if this is the way the world presents itself to you.

There is one simple method that will make the difference though (other than persevering with all of the others). It is a VERY simple concept.

Be grateful for what you have...

That's it, in a nutshell. Be grateful for the gifts you are given. None of us are victims and we all have choices and free will. I choose everyday to be grateful.

Start with writing yourself a list of the things you are grateful for. It might be something as simple as "I am grateful that I am alive today," or, "I am grateful that the sun can shine and I have food in my belly." It can be anything. Everyone has at least one thing they can choose to be grateful for or about.

Each day, see if you can add something to the list. Let your heart fill with genuine gratitude for the things on the list. See if you can't start the list with ten things and let it grow from there.

My list changes everyday. There are a few constant factors like my two beautiful children, my life, the fact that I have plenty to eat, a safe place to live and the support of the people that matter the most to me. Other things though, change with the day.  Get your own list started as soon as possible and read it everyday. It will make a huge difference to how positive you can be, and those things that are painful and difficult about your life will grow less painful and less difficult.

You have to work to keep yourself suffering when you are focusing on the things you are grateful for. Let's face it, you don't want to have to work hard to make things difficult. If work has to be involved at all, why not work to make things feel (and be) better?

So make your list. It will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment