Saturday 2 April 2011

Living your dream...being you

Isn't this the life experience we are all after? That is, being able to live the dreams we have? Being able to do the things we want to do (without harm to others of course).

There are some days I want to be a teacher without the paper work (well, OK, honestly, that's everyday :D) and there are times I want to leave classroom teaching and focus on writing and illustrating books and creating Angel Picture readings for people who want them. There are times I want nothing more than to curl up in bed with a good book to read. Most of all I want to be happy and healthy.

These things are not unattainable, I am able to do these things with a bit of planning, positive affirmation and firm decision making. (Except maybe the teaching without the paper work!)

In fact, I am doing most of these things when and where I choose, and it all comes from the ability to remain firm on my intentions and project success. I have several visualisation folders, one for my business and one for my personal life. You would be amazed at how quickly these things begin to manifest themselves once they have been put in writing and you focus your pure intention on making them happen and on being successful.

This is not to say that once you have created the folder and that you look at it every day that everything will just happen though. What it does mean is that you will become more aware of the opportunities that come your way and the signs you are being given to follow. Being a published author wasn't as easy as putting the words on the page. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had some "difficulties" in finding a publisher I wanted to work with, there is a frustrating, but necessary process involved between editing, text block layouts, proofing and numerous other things. However, this process took a surprisingly short period of time considering. This is due to me maintaining focus, manifesting what I wanted to happen by visualising the way everything would turn out.  It was so important to me that this book be successful that I neglected to manifest favourable outcomes in other areas for a while. But that was soon remedied.

I guess what I am trying to say here, is to make sure everything is in balance with your life. Take time out to just be you. Sometimes I am so wrapped up in being some one's teacher, partner, mother, colleague, healer, etc, that I forget to do things that are purely for me. (Is this a case of "there is always a dripping tap in a plumbers house" scenario? Smile)

Some of the things I manifest are just about me! This is more than OK, it is necessary. In order to help others, or even be the best you that you can be, balance between work, play and nurturing is important.
As an example, "Mother guilt" can be crippling at times. We all want the best for our children and stumble along doing the best job we can do. I had to learn the hard way that being the best Mum I can be, also meant that I took time out for myself to seek balance and rediscover who I was and what I needed from life. In this way I was able to be a happy Mummy, and in turn, a better Mummy.

Some people try to make you feel guilty about wanting things for yourself. Relegate these people to the category of "Dream Stealers" (see a previous blog for more detail) and move on.

One of the most important parts of being happy and being able to love others, is the ability to love yourself...whatever this means to you, you need to take time to achieve personal goals.

For me, it is improving my art and writing skills by taking time to practice. It means making cakes and biscuits, it means taking two hours to straighten my hair when I could be hanging laundry, it means having a night away from my family every now and again so I can reconnect with me...just Roxanne the person. It means all kinds of things.
Not one of these things brings harm to others, and I don't feel guilty in the slightest :)

Take time to be you...manifest goals that are for you...focus your intention on being the best you that you can be and you will be guided in the right direction of "things you can do for you"

No comments:

Post a Comment