Monday 13 June 2011

Do you want to heal?

Sometimes, a client has come to me asking for healing and assistance, yet unfortunately, they have not really been willing to heal their hurts and move on.

Healing is a process that begins and ends with the person who is requesting help, whether it be from a traditional medical practitioner or from a non traditional healer, it is the same.

Don't get me wrong, belief is not required for assistance at all, and neither is complete trust in the divine. Scepticism does not hinder the work at all. However, a true desire to heal and be well is the crux of all healing.

Sometimes it is easier to be unwell, to remain as we are and not to move on. Sometimes, the work required to help us shift unwanted baggage or to remove ties to people, places and situations that are harmful seems to much. This is often on a semiconscious level. Sometimes the attention we receive for our troubles and our situation is attractive and we do not wish to relinquish the love and support that comes from others being so attentive.

I can speak freely and openly about this reluctance to be fully well and following my divine path because I have done it myself. A bit of a stubborn streak in me has at times hampered my ability to move forwards, accept responsibility for the way I feel and the place I am in in order to progress past that point. I have taken one of two approaches, "You can take me as I am, faults and all" and "The problem is not mine, it's theirs. Not my issue if 'they' don't like it." While both of these statements, on the surface at least, seem like they are reasonable enough to make, it's a bit of a trick from the ego really.

While it is true that the people who genuinely love me do so unconditionally and without judgement, this is not an excuse to wallow and stagnate. While it is also true that other people's perception to me or my choices is an issue for them to deal with, this is also not an excuse. These two statements have not heralded a free and independent soul, they have actually heralded moments in time when I have refused to acknowledge my potential to grow and change and heal. Since I am on to my ego's devious methods of keeping me in one safe and comfortable place now, I no longer placate myself with these statements, I take them as a sign that I might need to go a bit deeper into the situation and see if maybe there is not a bit of ego holding me back.

A true and unwavering desire to be the best you that you can be, and to have a perfect, divine and joyful life is all it takes to start the ball rolling. If things aren't happening for you (as it sometimes has for me) really truly look inside your thinking and make sure your desire to be well is really genuine. Own your current thoughts and feelings, acknowledge that they are yours and prepare to move forward.

With love and light
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment