Friday 17 June 2011

What does the world need from you?

I read a quote this morning that I would love to share. It touched me deeply and helped me to remember why I am writing this post...

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

Close your eyes for a minute and recall one of the best moments in your life. A moment when you delighted at the day and you felt giddy with expectation, love and joy. A moment when you were doing what you loved the mos,t with the people you care about the most.

Did you feel that shift in your energy? When I read this quote this morning, that is exactly what happened for me. I got the biggest "Cheshire cat" grin on my face, I felt all warm and tingly and then I noticed all the little things around me. It is cold here this morning and as I hung my washing on the line it started to steam in the early morning sun (I wash in cold water, so it really IS cold here this morning), the steam rose in lazy spirals and curled up towards the sky making a rainbow with the water molecules. I felt light, happy, and as though anything were possible for me.

This is the kind of energy vibration that changes things, and quickly!

The more time you spend in this space (where you are light as a feather, and the world is magical, wonderful and full of opportunities) then the greater your power to heal and change the hurts around you just by being there. Everyone around you will benefit, not to mention you will benefit, from this kind of energy vibration. Remember the butterfly effect (see an earlier post for more information)? You, me, we all have the power to truly change our environment, our circumstances and our thinking.

If you hate what you're doing, where you live, who you associate with, ten your energy levels will reflect this. Choose to do what makes you feel alive, vibrant and full of love, because this is what matters the most in changing the world to be a place filled with these things. Everyone has the ability and the divine right to live in blissful and delirious happiness. It comes down to choices.

You may not feel able to quit your job tomorrow, or get new friends that love and care about you the way you deserve. You may feel that you are unable to move address or change your career. I can guarantee you, there is SOMETHING you can do in the immediate future (today) that will take you a step closer to what you love and to being alive. Take a chance on happiness because you have very little to loose and so much to gain. Read that book you've been meaning to get to, buy that dress you've seen in the shop window, go out for coffee, visit the beach or the forest, breathe deeply and start those meditation lessons you've been putting off for a while.

Change just one little thing in your life to make you feel alive in that moment and you will soon find that you are seeking more and more opportunities to do so. Feel your energy shift and change as you do what you love to do and notice how the world seems brighter and more wondrous...and that's because it is!

With love and light
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment