Thursday 14 July 2011

Some transactions just have to happen

Transactions are the events that happen in your life. Each one has a specific purpose and happens for a specific reason. Some of these transactions are delightful, heart moving experiences and some, leave you feeling bloodied and feeling heart broken.

One of the understandings I have come to, is that these transactions are necessary for growth and learning and often occur to gently (or not so gently) nudge you in the right direction.

A few years ago, we decided to move to a remote and rural part of Australia. It was a new beginning, full of hope and a deep sense of purpose that this was the right decision and good things would come of it. As we journeyed 10 hours from the closest major metropolitan area, my sense of belonging and "rightness" grew. I just knew we were on the correct path for all of us. After 12 months in this small community, we were making plans to stay for a decade. It was THAT lovely, and felt THAT right. It seems though, that my stay really was only supposed to be a short one. That once I had completed the tasks I was contracted for, the expectation was that I would move on. This was not my understanding though. Very shortly, things began to go horribly wrong. I was subjected to some really terrible stuff, but still I held on to the belief that I was "supposed" to be in this location, after all, I had that warm fuzzy glow and sense of exaltation when we arrived. I tried to justify the things happening and rationalise the events by convincing myself that I was being tested or something like it. What had really happened was that I had completed the tasks set for me and met the people I needed to meet. It was time to move on, but I refused to recognise the fact. The situation became untenable, for my own sanity and sense of well being, I had to go. I had to return to the ocean and get away from the  situations still developing. So we moved again. On the way to my new home, I wrote the first book in my series of children's stories and started the new direction of travel for my life journey and that of my partner and children as well. We have all grown in leaps and bounds since this move.

I would not have moved on if things had continued to go as they had at the beginning. I would not have found this new path, in fact, if I had not been in so much turmoil, I doubt very much I would have attended the 'Angel Camp' I went to during this time, if ever. As painful as it was at the time, this was one of those necessary transactions that pushed me none too gently on to a new path, one that is infinitely better and more rewarding and satisfying not just for me, but for my loved ones as well.

Ultimately though, this transaction would not have been necessary at all, had I only listened to the signs and messages I was being given!

The more seemingly hurtful and painful transactions that take place in your life can and will be avoided if you are listening to the happenings of the world around you and take steps to keep yourself on the path you chose. When one of these events occurs for you, detach from the emotions involved, even if it is just for a minute, and try to see through to where you are being directed either away from, or on the way to. This is a seemingly difficult thing to do when you are in the very midst of a painful situation. However, it really isn't all that complicated. It comes back to the knowledge that life is only difficult when you are not following your dreams and listening to your heart. If things are getting a little tough, you are being given a very clear message that you have wandered off the path.

It happens to everyone (I have had a monumental share of these transactions because I refused to listen to what I knew I could do) the point is, when it does, what will you do? Continue to stay in a situation that will become more and more untenable? Move on with the knowledge that you will be happier and healthier? It's a no brainer really ...smile. The key is to move on with love and forgiveness in your heart and the understanding that this was a transaction that just had to happen. Lay no guilt or blame, it just is, and you can choose to move away from it either physically or emotionally.


With love and light
xoxoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. Even those times where another human has seemed to be really horrible to you - there's a time to stand back and thank them for moving you forward to the next stage. They were only playing the predestined role so that you wouldn't get too comfortable and plateau in your growth. I love being able to look back and see where the seemingly annoying moments were those that moved me into those totally joyful and heart warming moves towards the greater dream. Love and hugs from Authentic Linda

    ReplyDelete