Monday 5 September 2011

Impulses

Basically the way I live my life at the moment (and have done for the last 2 years or more) is to follow those insistent impulses that crop up on a daily basis. Sometimes those impulses are as simple as, "Make a cake today" and sometimes as dramatic as, "Submit your story to these publishers." Each and every time I get a strong urge or impulse to do something, I do it. I no longer waste time second guessing outcomes or reasons, I just follow them.

I have pure faith and trust that these impulses come from pure love because not EVER am I given an impulse or intuitive insight into anything that has resulted in a negative impact in any way. Never have I followed an impulse to a disastrous or harmful situation (to myself or to anyone else) and never has an impulse led me to be mean or act in a way that would definitely be construed as my ego talking.

It is in following these impulse, these terribly strong urges to take action in someway, to say a certain thing at a certain time, to make the phone call I seem to have been putting off, that I have accelerated my journey along my life path and in living my life purpose.

The great thing about this is that there's no trick to it, no "gift" required and no essential skills or tools that need to be acquired, it really is as simple as following your impulse to do something when prompted.

I probably should clarify just a little bit on these impulses. I am referring to the urge to do something that is so strong that if you attempt to ignore it, it plays on your mind for the rest of the day/week/month etc. It is an urge so strong it is easier to "give in" and follow it rather than trying to ignore it, and it is an urge to do something, say something etc that will not be harmful in any way, shape or form.

As an example, I have been sitting out in my garden under a tree all morning knitting (one of the many forms of meditation I exercise) and attempting to get a fair bit done in the time I have allotted to me today. For the past 2 hours, I have been 'plagued' by the thought of this post and going inside to write it. I ignored the impulse (other than to write the name of the post in my notebook always kept handy for just such things). As soon as I wrote the name, I almost immediately, without thinking about it, got out of my chair to come inside and write the post. however, I was half way through a row of knitting and wanted to finish the square, so I stayed. I continued knitting however, I dropped 6 stitches which I then had to retrieve, the wind came up and blew my other squares into the dirt, a spider (little tiny tree spider) decided to start spinning her web using my nose as an anchor point, I got unbearably hot even though I was sitting in the shade of the tree, and ALL I could think about was writing this post. Quite obviously, I gave up being a little stubborn (I prefer strong willed, but let's call it how it is) and came inside to write this post *smile*

Follow your impulses and strong urges in any direction even if you don't really know what reason or outcome you are being led to and you will accelerate your progress along your life's journey. The more you do it, the better at it you will get, the faster you will get to where you're going.

With love and light
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment