Saturday 21 January 2012

Some of the best cures for worry

We all have times when we worry about something or someone. However, as we know, worry also comes under the Universal Law of attraction; the more you focus on something, the more of it you get...and who wants more worry? By worrying constantly about something, you are also focusing your intention on an outcome you don't want, and therefore are making it FAR more likely that this is the outcome you will get!

I read a saying today and I absolutely LOVE it! It says:

"Worrying about something is like praying for what you don't want"

How very true.

So, how do we avoid worry or minimise worry so that this doesn't happen? Naturally we all have individual coping mechanisms for this and everyone is different. So once again, I'll let you in on a few of my strategies and you can pick whatever suits you and discard the rest. If you feel up to it, feel free to let me know your own strategies too...the more tools we have in our healing tool kit, the more successful we will be.

I always ask for the help of my divine team in distracting me from things I am worried about. This is the FIRST thing I do and usually, I don't have to dig further into the tool kit. I take several deep breaths and then ask my team for help. I ask them to take away the worries and I give up to them all the "problems" I perceive that I have. Instantly I feel calmer and more relaxed, which in turn allows me to see that I am capable of managing any situation no matter how hard.

Laughter truly is the best medicine. Tonight I was feeling a little run down and tired, and though I had a 100 things I wanted to do, I couldn't seem to get motivated to do anything. Just then, the little stray kitten we seem to have adopted (or maybe she adopted us?) decided she wanted to play. We chased each other up and down the hallway, with me laughing hysterically the whole time. She pulled some crazy acrobatics and leaped over under and sometimes through stuff to get to me. It was hilarious. After about half an hour she decided it was nap time and left me standing there with the bit of string I was running up and down with, looking slightly silly *smile* I felt so much better, energised and ready to take on the world (well...maybe write a blog post at least). Laughter releases all sorts of lovely chemicals in our bodies that help us to feel really good. A great belly laugh is a perfect way to relieve anxiety and worry.

These are my two favourites and the ones that work for me every time without fail.

No one need have worry as a constant companion in their life, banish that feeling into the same dark hole you shoved guilt and fear into.

With love and light
xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment