Thursday 23 February 2012

Environment

I just want to take a minute to remind you about your environment. I'm not talking about the actual earth, rock, trees and critters environment, I am talking about the one you live and work in. I am a HUGE believer that your environment will most definitely influence the way you think, feel and act.


I use this particular theory in my classroom practise. Think back to the way your Math classroom looked when you were at high school. For most people, it was probably a fairly sterile environment with not a lot to look at except a few posters on the wall. It seems that there is an assumption that once people leave primary school (and I am talking about us as adults as well) we no longer need colour, interest and a stimulating environment in which to work.


Take a peek at the environment I choose to create in my teaching room...




 OK...so maybe you can't go into the place you work and start creating dragons on the wall out of coloured paper, but there has to be something you CAN do, even if it is a small pot plant, a couple of hand written posters with awesome affirmations and a quirky little pencil holder on your desk.


It really is important to allow your environment reflect your beauty and your personal self.


We, as human beings absorb most of our information through visual means...quite literally, we believe what we see! So what are you subjecting yourself to? What are you looking at for hours at a time? What do you watch on TV? What do you read in the Newspapers and on-line.


For the benefit and nourishment of your soul...create an environment you can thrive and grow in!


With love and light
xoxoxoxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment