Thursday 16 February 2012

Following the rules

I have NEVER been all that good at following rules to the letter. It is not because I have a deliberate and will full need to disobey or to do the "wrong" thing. Mostly, it is because I operate from my heart all of the time, and unwittingly, this means that I sometimes don't meet societies (or other peoples) expectations of what is "right".


I heard a saying today that I LOVE...


"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple. The philosophy is kindness."


Can you guess who it was that said this? 


The Dali Lama, naturally.


I cannot express this thought more clearly than he. Belief, faith, trust...none of these are about rules. They are about heart, love and kindness.


With love and light
xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment