Wednesday 9 May 2012

Moving through

So often in our lives we are moving. To here, from there, around there, moving on, moving in...well, I am sure you get the picture *laugh* 


I think one of our body's ways of dealing with "stuff" is to actually get us moving. you know those days when you haven't time to sit down and take five minutes out for yourself. I know I had a day like that just recently, where each time I turned around there was something I "had" to do, or someone who wanted me to go somewhere and do something or just to walk with them. Not a moment was I able to stop and just be, not even my lunch break. 


As it turns out, and I don't believe it was coincidence, this was also a day where I was to be confronted by a whole heap of "stuff" I don't usually choose to associate with. As I opened my mouth to say something VERY human in response, I got the impulse to just move. I couldn't walk away, so I stepped sideways and actually felt better. "Interesting" I thought to myself. When the situation was over, I went for a walk to the other end of the school because I felt I wanted to "get" something. When I got to the place I was going, I couldn't remember why I went, but I did feel better. "curiouser and curiouser." I then began to take note of all the situations and moments that seemed to be filling this particular day and I realised that each time I found myself in a situation I was not really enjoying, had the potential to anger me or that may possibly have created a moment I would have not chosen ordinarily for myself...my body moved. Sometimes imperceptibly to others like a slight shift in my stance of body position. Sometimes really obviously like being "sent" on a walk with no actual purpose.


Our bodies are incredibly intuitive and in this day, I was being shown a great way of moving on from something that was occurring; quite literally as it turns out *smile*


Physically moving is good for us in so many ways, I'm not really a sporting type, so I don't actually have the specific knowledge to pass on to you about that. What I do know, is that physically moving my body helped me pass through these less than desirable moments without being affected.


With love and light
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment