Thursday 24 May 2012

A well turned phrase

It struck me today that THE most important gift we can give another is a genuine and love filled compliment. 


I go about my daily business, doing my level best to make the most of every situation, to fulfil my obligations to myself and to others (it's no mistake I put those in that order either) and to infect others with enthusiasm and the desire to sprinkle faery dust everywhere they go. I do these things because I believe with all of my heart that this is the right way to be for me. I don't do these things with any expectation that there will be praise for them. After all, a gift that is not given freely and without obligation, is not really a gift.


Having said that though, it fills my heart with immense gratitude and happiness when someone takes the time to not only notice the work that I do, but to say thank you for it.


Today, someone said to me that they appreciated the gentle and "nice" way that I point out that there may be a better way to do something (in relationship to my "day job") and that as a result they enjoyed working with me. What an amazing gift!


On a day where I was feeling a little bogged down in the day to day, and where my body is giving me signals that it's time to rest (by way of a monster headache...thank you body, message received loud and clear) I received this heartfelt gift and haven't stopped smiling since.


So, all it cost that person was a few moments of their time and a few breaths...the result for me was a warm fuzzy feeling leaving me happier than moments before!


Our words are an amazing gift to others, take the time to make yours a gift well worth receiving.


With love and light
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment