Saturday 28 July 2012

Twin flame/soul mate

I have VERY deliberately not allowed this particular topic to be at the forefront of my mind when writing these posts; mainly because I think this is such a deeply personal and much misunderstood concept and I did not wish to add to the confusion by adding my own personal thoughts to it. It seems today though, despite my best efforts, that this particular topic will come out *smile* So here goes.....


Working with teenagers, one of the things that I find the most difficult to deal with on a day to day basis is how little they think of themselves; a great deal of them have no inner confidence at all, which is a lot of the reason why there is such an abrasive expression of confidence on the outside, it's a cover, don't believe it for a second. This low confidence, aside from playing a part in helping them find the real them and cast off the shackles of popular opinion, means that sometimes they make really silly decisions, especially in the arena of romance. I only offer one piece of advice to any student who chooses to talk to me about this (this is dangerous ground, they really need to work this stuff out for themselves in a lot of ways) is this...I ask them to give me a number on a scale of one to ten, 10 being the highest, as to how much they like/love themselves. Most students try to lie to me at first, but they all know this is an exercise in futility, so with a tilt of my head and a raised eyebrow, they look at their feet and mumble their REAL answer so they think I can't hear it, then look defiantly into my face, daring me to challenge them or make them repeat it. *smile* I don't need to even hear the number, their body language and demeanour has already told me the information I need to know. My response is usually the same. I tell them... "Anyone you go out with, will match that same number. They will only love you as much as you have said you love yourself. Before you make any decisions about love and romance, ask yourself where you are on the scale, and be honest with yourself at least. When you get to a ten, well THEN you will meet the person who is worthy of you." 


Adults or teenagers, mu opinion is the same. You will always attract to you people who feel the same as you do because you radiate this feeling through your whole being. The law of attraction definitely applies here. So, if you're wondering why you haven't met the love of your life, why you feel alone even if you're in a relationship, if you feel as though you will never meet "the one" well ask yourself, "How do you rate your love of self on a scale of one to ten, with ten the highest?" (AND DON'T BOTHER LYING *laugh*) 


With love and light (and about a 7.5 today)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment