Monday 20 August 2012

Love, love, love life

Today I experienced the most profound joy. Everything was delightful, the students made me laugh, people being mean made me laugh, my lunch made me laugh, teaching math made me laugh...quite literally, everything was funny today. Nothing phased me, nothing even got through the outer layers because it was all funny. I don't know how I found myself in this kind of moment today, I have absolutely no idea what the trigger was/is (pity or I might  emulate it again *laugh*) I just woke up this morning to find that the world was an infinitely amusing place.

Can you guess what the response to all of this ended up being? Yep...the attraction principle came into play...all the people around me responded with the same absolute joy.

At one point, during an Arts Council performance, I was laughing so hard that tears were streaming down my cheeks, that kind of funny that happens when you are hysterically tired and no matter what you try to do to stop it, everything only makes you laugh harder. The students sitting near me were all looking in my direction, I just continued to laugh and laugh since I was physically unable to stop myself at this point anyway. The students started whispering and giggling, a few were pointing. All of a sudden around me, was this wave of beautiful laughter. They were not laughing at me, they were infected by the pure joy flooding through and out of me...funniest and most beautiful thing I've ever seen *big smile*

Once I realised that this was the moment I had found myself in, I chose to stay there and infect others with it too. I had not one behaviour issue, not one instance of negativity or nastiness in ANY of my classes today. The world was filled with joy, beauty and laughter. I'm putting this day in the bank so when a moment comes along that seems really hard, I can make a withdrawal on today to remind myself that the loving beauty of laughter changes everything.

With love and light
xoxoxoxoox

No comments:

Post a Comment