Saturday 27 October 2012

Honouring yourself

Something that comes up for me quite often is the need to reinforce and honour my own personal boundaries. I am often a bit of a people pleaser, I have faith, trust and belief that people will not act to hurt me, and have trouble seeing it when they do. People have often commented to me that I should expect people to let me down and when they don't, OI will have a nice surprise....to that...I say, "No thanks. That's just not who I am."

Having said that though, I struggle at times to adhere to my own personal boundaries. I find myself doing things I don't want to prioritise time and energy to just because I don't want to let people down. I find that I will put more importance on the need of others, rather than on what I need personally, and a whole lot of other things like this.

What I have relearned lately, is that in doing this, in allowing others to be more important than I am to myself, I give people permission to stampede all over my boundaries.

I have also relearned that I can set a boundary, respectfully stick to it, and not give it any more energy. A dear friend of mine reminded me that all I have to do in these scenarios is set my intention, and then stick to it. Once I have made the decision, it is no longer necessary to think about it, discuss it or to in any other way feed energy into the situation. Done and dusted! Such marvellous advice *smile*

So now, setting the intention to just be me, to stick to my own boundaries and agendas (living from love and light) and to no longer feed energy into situations by over thinking them or discussing them further.

With love and light
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment