Wednesday 31 October 2012

The single biggest threat to your dreams...


I'd like to start today's post with a quote from a book I have enjoyed over and over again. It is not my favourite book, but it is right up near the top of the list... *smile*

"...I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it's very difficult to find anyone."
"I should think so- in these parts! We are plain, quiet folk and I have no use for adventures. Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them." said our Mr. Baggins...

The book, of course, is The Hobbit, by JRR Tolkien.

As I read this passage this afternoon, all of a sudden many different messages and ideas popped into my head, the one that came through the clearest though, was that the single, biggest threat to our dreams is being comfortable!

Yep, being comfortable. Remarkable isn't it. Think of it though, there Bilbo was, sitting on his front step, smoking his pipe and enjoying his morning, when along comes a wizard wanting to know if he would go on an adventure!!!! If you've read the story, you know what happens next...if you haven't, I won't spoil it for you, but I will HIGHLY recommend you take yourself off to the closest library and get your hands on a copy *grin*

Feeling in your comfort zone seems like it is a wonderful thing...until you remember the most remarkable things can happen when you step outside the circle and see what happens. Yes, it can be really scary. Yes, there is a chance you may not be "successful" in your adventure, and yes, there is definitely a chance that the risk you take in doing something that makes you a little frightened or apprehensive may change your life forever. 

Take a moment to feel your way through the amazing, life changing, exciting, wonderful and fantastically magic things that may be the result.

Fear is only a brain response designed to keep you where you are...it is a somewhat misguided attemp by your body to protect you from harm or a programmed response of your body to a past experience...it's not real.

Take a chance, grab a risk or two that takes you outside of what may be "normal" for you and follow your dreams...the results may change not only your world, but benefit everyone else as well.

With love and light
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment