Saturday 3 November 2012

Needing approval

It is through trying to meet someone else's approval or a set of standards or some other arbitrary thing that I have MOST often found myself floundering and in some sort of difficulty. The need for approval is a behaviour I learnt early on in life, and in fact it is something we are conditioned to from an early age. I never wanted to be in trouble, I never wanted to disappoint people or let them down, and therefore, it has taken me a long time to figure out that it was/is often this need for another person's approval that has led me to paths I may not have otherwise trod.

This concept, this freedom is something that is new to me. So I'm sorry, no profound words of wisdom yet on exactly how to release the need for the approval of others...I have only just recently myself, remembered that this can be so freeing.

In seeking the approval of others we forget something really important...WE are our own best judge of what will suit our journey and what will not, and that information is already inside each of us.

With love and light
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment