Saturday 24 November 2012

Sticks and stones

I'm sure you have heard the saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."? 

Quite frankly...I don't agree....

I had a wonderful moment with a student last week. A young girl who is constantly saying she's "dumb" "stupid" and all other sorts of words that mean she thinks very little of her intellectual ability. I see this ALL the time at work, especially since I am a math teacher, and traditionally, this is an area where a lot of students struggle....mainly because they don't believe they can....frustrating.

Well, this beautiful being was telling me again that she was/is stupid during the course of a conversation. I stopped her mid sentence, quite abruptly, and gave her a little shove (metaphorically) along a better path for her. I let her in on "The secret law of the universe" *grin* I told her that everything she tells herself she will believe. Other students drifted over to hear and join in the conversation. We talked a little more about manifesting our reality...what we say and think is what we'll get..couched all in a very general and non-threatening way. Within a few minutes I didn't have to say any more, the students were swapping stories between themselves, and I just drifted away...I was no longer required in that conversation...teenagers are amazing beings.

You see, whatever we say about ourselves, our situation, or other people is sort of like putting in an order with the cosmic kitchen. The words you use and the intent behind them are powerful things, the universe and our divine team will always deliver to us what we expect. Make a conscious effort to use only positive and loving words to talk to yourself or about others and see the amazing changes that occur.

With love and light
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

No comments:

Post a Comment